With freezing weather coming our way, it is a good time to prepare your home. Here are some tasks that will help to protect your pipes and more from freezing.
- Protect faucets, outdoor pipes, and pipes in unheated areas with pipe insulation. Not available, then wrap with rags, newspapers, trash bags or even bubble wrap.
- Cover any vents around your home’s foundation.
- Drain water hoses and store them in a garage or shed.
- Drain irrigation water supply lines.
- Protect outdoor electrical pumps.
- Make sure you know where you main water shut-off valve is.
- If you suspect a leak, turn off the water at the main shut-off valve.
National Weather Service urges to take of the 4 P’s - people, pets, plants, and pipes.
Source: NBU Utilities