Protecting Your Home from Tropical Storms or Hurricanes
We are in the midst of the hurricane season which generates tropical storms throughout the United States. 2019 is predicted to produce 16 name storms and reach tropical-storm strength or greater, with eight hurricanes with at least one potentially hitting land-fall.
Knowing how to prepare before the storm and understanding your properties’ vulnerabilities will help you get ready for the season.
- Know if you are in a flood zone?
- If you are in an evacuation area, know where to go when a storm hits.
- Put together an emergency kit.
- Have/Review a Family Emergency Plan so family members know who to contact and where to go.
- Have an emergency supplies kit contents in a safe place so you can access quickly in the event of a storm.
- Review with us your insurance and flood policy to make sure you are adequately covered.
Take the time to review and prepare for this season’s coming storms.
Source: Danielle Ling