We usually prepare for a flood, hurricane, tornado, or weather-related incident with a go bag, but have you prepared for your pets. Take a look at a couple of tips to consider:
- Create an emergency kit with food, medications, vet record, and an identification tag
- Pack your carry-crate so you pet is safe and ready for transport
- Know where to evacuate. Most shelters won’t accept pets, so keep a pet-friendly list of hotels or facilities that allow for pet boarding. (Make sure you meet their requirements regarding shots and vet records)
- Have bottled water on hand. Store a gallon of fresh water for each pet.
- Keep your flood insurance policy in a safe place.
Need help with a flood policy, give the agency a call.
Source: Property/Casualty 360