Steve Hallo from NU Property Casualty 360 in a recent article wrote about an increase in severe weather and storms for the upcoming hurricane season.
He highlights cleaning, maintaining, planning and disaster response tips for commercial businesses. Here is what he recommended:
- Label indoor and outdoor shut-off values on water, sprinklers, and gas lines.
- Develop and review emergency plans.
- Review and update business continuity plans.
- Perform maintenance on fleet vehicles.
- Check sidewalks and parking lots for cracked pavement, pot holes and other hazards.
- Review flammable and combustible liquids that are stored on the premises.
- Remove clutter and debris from the interior and exterior of the property, cleaning gutters, downspouts, surface drains and grates.
- Conduct an assessment and respond to property damage as soon as it is safe.
- Service heating equipment before turning it back on.
To read the entire article, click here.
Source: NU Property/Casualty 360